Monday, April 12, 2010

Ode to my Dad

So as I said previously, my dad used to take so many pictures of flowers my mom said she was going to have to get his own photo book dedicated to his pictures. It seems I have inherited this trait, I seem to go nutty over flower shots too. Who cannot be inspired (ESPECIALLY after a long winter) Here are a couple from my walk today with Murphy

I missed when they FIRST bloomed but there were still some out there. Lilac season is starting, they are my favorite (as my mom) spring flower. We used to have this big lilac tree in our backyard growing up. The smell brings back such wonderful memories. 

Saturday's shoot went well. The ONE thing that would have made it significantly better would have been an extra set of batteries for my speedlite. They wanted to stay inside because it was a bit cold for the kids so my speedlite was a necessity. 15 minutes into the shoot, it died. I ruined a lot of pictures trying for natural light (obviously my weak area) then towards the end just opted for my on camera flash. I am sure some will still like those pictures but I won't. :( Live and learn!  Below is my second favorite shot. I don't care for the lighting but the picture (and my model) are too cute! My favorite shot is on my fan page.

                        

I will be posting more pictures on my blog. My dad doesn't understand facebook (or blogs) but I'll have an easier time sending the link to this then setting up (and teaching) facebook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment