Friday, April 9, 2010

Ima be a photographer!

No, that was not a grammatical error! If anyone is familiar with the Black Eyed Peas (pop group) they have a song out called "Ima Be".

I was told all my life growing up that I could be whatever I put my mind to so throughout the years my mind has been thinking many things......teacher, secret agent, back up dancer for Brittany Spears and now photographer. I have set my mind on photographer (32 years later).

I was asked the other night at an event as I was pulling out all my equipment "oh, you're a photographer?" I started to explain "well, no but I am practicing in hopes that one day......" and then just said yes. Felt strange but I confirmed it with a "yes, I am a photographer". I've read that if you truly want to be something, say it out loud. So....... I am a photographer.

That phrase will be my mantra for the rest of my life...I like it.

Tomorrow is my first real "stranger" session. I didn't know the people at the events I did but events are different from personal sessions (in my opinion). Tomorrow I am photographing 2 babies (both under a year) and I do not know the parents, they aren't friends of friends, complete strangers. This is a big test for me because they will be honest in the feedback. If they pass my name on, they liked my work. If they take the free photos and I never hear from them or friends of theirs again.....well then I need to keep practicing and practicing because I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER and THIS is what I have put my mind to. No giving up now!

Time to test what I have learned thus far!

1 comment: