Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The knowledge of a mom!



These past 2 days flew by but I jam packed them with lots of friends and family! Sunday night I got to sit and pow wow with my one of my favorite friends (and favorite photographer) Chelse . She let me borrow some of her daughter's dresses for my goddaughter's 5th birthday photos. The visit was far too short and I need to try and reserve more time. I am amazed at how in tune to kids Chelse is and she definitely knows how to photograph them. I used her hints on my goddaughters shoot and I am amazed at how well they work!

Monday I got to spend the day with my goddaughter. We went to the zoo with my friend Tracy and her 2.5 kids (the 3rd is due this July).  In the morning when I picked up my little birthday girl I was putting together some clothes in case the weather turned bad. As I was leaving her father (mom was at the doctor with with my godson) asked if there was anything else I needed. I thought, nope. Got extra clothes so I am covered and I left. All moms are shaking their head right now.  Not 20 minutes into our zoo tour all 3 kids were asking for SNACKS!! DOH. Luckily, Tracy, knowing I have no children packed extra for my goddaughter, just in case. I laugh, not only at me because I guess I should have known (last time I was home their mom sent me with snacks) but more that her father didn't think to send some snacks along (or to remind me). I bet a LOT of moms are laughing as they relate to fathers not being as prepared!! He did remember to give me some tissues to bring along though.  Below are some from the zoo:






Monday night I was off to dinner with my best (high school) friend Elizabeth. She is due with her first baby in 2 weeks. It's amazing in the 8 plus months how much she's grown in knowledge. I am amazed at how maternal she's become and I can't help wonder if she'll remember to remind me when I come steal her son for the day to pack snacks :).

Tuesday I was able to shoot for another friend in the morning. Her daughter and her niece. Both girls (mom's and even the dog) were all so beautiful. I could have shot photos of them all day.

Then lunch with my friend and artist extraordinaire Andy (who happens to be working on my brilliant logo)!

an THEN.....finally back home. Phew!

So if your still reading, I noticed these past shoots that direct sun is my enemy. I really need to work on shooting in that kind of light. I keep overexposing parts of my photo. Oh and also, something I am STILL struggling with, remembering to keep an extra eye on my histogram in my camera so I get the right settings for the particular picture. I get so wrapped up in taking the photo I forget to do that and end of missing shots because they are blurry or over/under exposed. Here are a few from Monday and Tuesday. Some are repeats from FB because I just loved them and wanted both FB people and non FB people to see them!!










No comments:

Post a Comment