Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today is opposite day

Remember playing that game in school. Opposite day, whatever you tell me to do I am going to do the opposite. This is a very very common game in the toddler photography world. Parent says to child "lets sit here and smile for a picture" Toddler does not say a word but runs away laughing. Clearly it's opposite day!! Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting a very vivacious two year old. Normally it's the boys that have me running from place to place to keep up and snap pictures but today she was a very independent gorgeous two year old girl. This little one, not matter how hard we tried, did not want to sit and smile for a picture. IN FACT all she wanted to do was play on the playground, ride the pig (see below) and chugga chugga on the train. After trying to avoid those things and get some nice photos in the garden, we gave in :) Turns out maybe toddler knew best. I suppose to some "Happy wife, happy life" holds true but I imagine many moms and dads will agree better to have a happy toddler!!

BIG smiles when we finally gave in and headed to the playground

Seeing the carousal (and pig) go round and round

Riding the pig :)

Chugga chugga on the train

And this one.... this was when we said "ok we're done, no more" I hear her say "now take my picture"..I forgot, opposite day!

Good thing she is so incredibly adorable! 

Thanks for a fun morning of gardens, playgrounds, carousels and trains! I'm not sure who had more fun!!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Audra! These are absolutely wonderful! Hope you got some rest from our busy morning together! ;) Liesel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Great smiles from everyone.

    We loved the pics, and especially the people in them.

    j&m

    ReplyDelete